These remain in draft status until approved at the next LCCC ordinary meeting. At that point, a full HTML post will be made.
Below is the outline agenda for the next ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council on Monday, 18th June at 7pm in the Nelson Room of McDonald Road Library.
A detailed agenda will be available nearer the time.
- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies, declarations of interest
- Approval of Minutes of 21 May 2018 meeting
- Matters Arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- Powderhall Stables: briefing by CEC officials on CEC plans for the site
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
… Community Councils Together on Trams … Edinburgh Bus Users Group …
- Transport & Clean Streets
… tramline 1 completion York Place to Newhaven … Leith Programme Phase 4 …
… Dryden Street listed buildings … Drum’s PAC summary … proposed student housing at 11 Hillside Crescent …
- Parks & Green Spaces
… Water of Leith Walkway …
- Ward Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
(adapted from an email from Cllr Marion Donaldson)
Due to the work at the St James Centre and the road realignment, the Paolozzi sculptures need a new home.
After looking around in the area it was decided (by whom? – LCCC) that Hillside Gardens provides an ideal location to display them and so that they remain close to their original site and accessible to the public.
Work had already started with the local friends group to improve the flower beds. This has proven to be very timely, and the design has changed to incorporate the sculptures into the landscape.
At the start of July, officers held an open meeting with local residents to discuss the planting and the sculptures.
Click the thumbnails to see the full-size PDFs.
|planting plan: middle bed||planting plan||Hillside Crescent|