The T&CS Committee has been formed to help ensure that the LCCC area has a public realm infrastructure commensurate with its densely populated area and recognises the importance of agreeing an appropriate hierarchy of users.
Two very similar hierarchies have been proposed and will be used to inform the activities of the T&CS Committee until a unified hierarchy has been drawn up and agreed.
Sheila Kennedy, Ian Mowat, Harald Tobermann*, Lucy Watters, John Wilkinson.
*Harald Tobermann resigned as convenor on 18 May 2021.
Harald Tobermann and Charlotte Encombe will continue to represent LCCC at Community Councils Together on Trams, which meets with CEC’s trams team towards the end of each month.
T&CS Committee acts on behalf of LCCC and will
- encourage and support any measures and policies that promote the quality, upkeep and cleanliness of the public realm in the LCCC area, that is: all public spaces except parks and green corridors. In particular
- street lighting and maintenance
- domestic and business waste collection
- street cleansing
- monitor pollution from transport in the area
- monitor and respond to TROs in the area
- contribute to and liaise with relevant LCCC Committees and Working Groups, as required
- monitor and respond to plans to extend trams along Leith Walk
- monitor and respond to other public realm measures and proposals that are likely to have a material impact on LCCC’s area
- propose a hierarchy of transport users appropriate to LCCC area for adoption by LCCC
- review this remit annually prior to the AGM