Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 17 September at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision.
In the chair’s and vice-chair’s absences, the meeting was chaired by the secretary. Continue reading
Agenda for Meeting of Leith Central Community Council
Monday, 15 October 2018 at 7pm McDonald Road Library, Nelson Hall Continue reading
Outline Agenda for 17 October 2018
A detailed agenda will be published nearer the meeting.
- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies, declarations of interest
- Approval of Minutes of 17 September 2018 meeting
- Matters arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- Presentation and Q&A: briefing by CEC and Collective Architecture on plans for the defunct Powderhall site
- Parks & Green Spaces
- update on progress of Powderhall (unused railway line) green corridor
- further delay to re-opening of Water of Leith Walkway between Anderson and Newhaven
- investment in local parks and green spaces
- Transport & Clean Streets
- 2nd design consultation on tram extension
- consultation on business support during 2 year tram construction
- tram: supplementary projects
- strategic parking review
- Dalmeny Street capital project …
- update on Drum/Stead’s Place
- Easter Road Lidl application resubmitted
- planning department: errors and complaints or resource issues?
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
- Ward Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
Meeting papers (from October 2014 onwards) are in the cloud at https://goo.gl/jrARbc.
The meeting papers will also be on LCCC’s website in due course on the meetings page: https://leithcentralcc.co.uk/reports.
(with thanks to LCCC member Julian Siann for the following. Formatting was added by LCCC webmaster.)
Leith Central CC has submitted the following objections to the Stead’s Place planning applications, namely
(Click the above links to go to the relevant CEC planning portal page.)
Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 20 August at 7:00pm Continue reading
Below is the full correspondance from the the Convenor of LCCC’s Planning sub-group, Harald Tobermann and Kenneth Bowles regarding the extension for comments on the planning applications until the 28th September 2018.
Dear Kenneth Bowes
Regarding applications 18/04349/CON and 18/04332/FUL.
I write to request an extension for comments for both the above applications by four weeks to 5 October; this should apply to both community councils and local residents for the following reasons:
- the applications were filed and advertised during the holiday and council recess period when many people are not in Edinburgh, including ward councillors whose advise is sought by their electors
- there are a very large number of documents to consider, some very lengthy and complex
- there is great local and wider public interest in these applications, possibly the most substantial since the application for Shrub Place (that went to appeal)
- the timing of several local community council meetings where these applications will receive public scrutiny do not mesh with the currently advertised timeline
Finally, the application 18/04349/CON has been advertised misleadingly as concerning “156, 158B, 160 And 162 Leith Walk Edinburgh EH6 5DX” (the application form on the portal gives merely a grid sequence); however, it appears demolition is sought for 106-154 Leith Walk. This applies to a lesser extend also to 18/04332/FUL (which gives the same misleading address). To avoid subsequent legal uncertainty over the validity of the process, it seems to me that it would be prudent to re-advertise both applications with a new timeline, or – if the applicant supplied invalid information – to invite them to resubmit.
Leith Central Community Council
Dear Harald Tobermann,
In response to your email, the original address does appear to be incorrect. Therefore both applications are to be re-advertised with a new expiry date of 28th September 2018. This should provide the community council (and other interested parties) enough time to provide a response.
Senior Planning Officer
Majors Waterfront Team – City of Edinburgh Council
Leith Central Community Council have yet to formally submit their response.
Local residents have just over two weeks to read through and comment on the large planning applications published by the Drum Property Group for 156, 158B, 160 and 162 Leith Walk, Edinburgh (EH6 5DX). The application closes on 7th September 2018.
The application refers to the site across from the former Tram Depot on Leith Walk which stretches to the east-end of Pilrig Park and Springfield. People in the area are encouraged to comment on the plans which include a hotel, student accomodation, affordable housing, restaraunts and a live music venue.
Please be advised there are two applications that need commented on seperately;
- 18/04349/CON – The application to demolish buildings within the Pilrig Conservation Area
- 18/04332/FUL – The application to erect new buildings
Note you can comment to either support or oppose the plans, and comments will be brought to the City of Edinburgh Council’s Planning Committee.
Leith Central Community Council are currently looking in-depth at the 170 documents and will publicly comment before the closure date.