Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 21 May at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision.
Please note that section 5 below (on Stead’s Place) has not been adopted, and so remains in draft status. This is due to need to check Drum Property Group’s record against ours. All other sections below have been adopted. Continue reading
Monday, 18 June 2018 at 7pm,
McDonald Road Library, Nelson Hall
b. attendance, apologies
c. declarations of interest
Draft minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 21 May at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. Continue reading
At Leith Central’s meeting on 21 May, Drum Properties provided hard copy of drawings of the proposed Stead’s Place development. Scans of these drawings are below.
Digital versions are not currently available by searching for the planning number (18/01015/PAN) on CEC’s planning portal. The only drawing available on the portal at the time of writing this post (2 pm on Thursday 31 May 2018) is a location drawing.
Update: this is perfectly normal – drawings such as the ones below are ‘consultation drawings’ and their only purpose is to support and stimulate discussion. There is no rule that forces developers to provide any drawings. The author of this post apologises for any ill effects caused by the former version of this post.
|Click the thumbnails to see the fill-size PDFs.
18/01015/PAN: Demolition Of Existing Buildings And Erection Of A Mixed Use Development Including Affordable Housing (Flats), Post Graduate Student Accommodation, Hotel (Class 7), Restaurant (Class 3), Space For Potential Community (Class 10 & 11), Retail (Class 1), Public House Or Commercial Uses (Class 2 & 4). Includes Associated Infrastructure, Landscaping And Car Parking. At 156, 158b, 160 And 162 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, EH6 5DX
The recent pre-application consultation meeting with Drum, the developers of ‘Stead’s Place’ was the first time where a proposed development in the LCCC area has aroused so much public interest at this early stage. I would like to thank the members of the Taskforce that LCCC had convened for this purpose for their input and contributions to the consultation which has now – nearly – reached its end.
The next steps are:
- the developers will come back with their summary of the meeting with LCCC which will be considered at LCCC’s June meeting. Once agreed, this will be an important part of Drum’s planning application.
- Drum submits planning application – this could be as early as June
- after that there’s only a limited amount of time to formally respond (object); LCCC can ask for an extension, if it is during the summer break
- assuming that the application that comes forward is not sufficiently different from what we have seen and heard at the meeting on 21 May, it is important that as many people as possible object on planning grounds; LCCC may issue notes at the time to help people formulate objections
- the application is likely to go to the Council planning committee (rather than being decided by a planning officer under delegated powers); this will be another opportunity for objectors to make their voice heard in the form of a ‘delegation’; ward councillors who are not on the planning committee can also ask to speak when the application comes up
Leith Central Community Council
Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 16 April 2018 at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic underlined. nem conmeans that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. Continue reading
This month’s meeting will consist of firstly the annual general meeting, then the ordinary meeting.
The meeting is at 7pm on Monday 21 May, at McDonald Road Library. Continue reading