- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies (19:00)
- to note: declarations of interest in any items on the agenda
- to note: J Hein’s death (24/12/20)
- to note: A Tibbitt resignation (7/1/21)
- to agree: to notify CEC of the above changes
- to agree: order of business below
- Approval of Minutes of 16 November 2020 meeting (19:05)
- Matters Arising from previous minutes (and not included on agenda below) (19:10)
- Community Police Officer’s Report (19:12)
- Planning (1917)
- to note: restrictions to CEC posting physical planning notifications
- to agree: to write to CEC and developers deplorring deterioration of listed Dryden Street buildings, poor maintenance of Dryden Bridge footpath and damage to bridge
- to note: update on latest Platform/Bonnington plans (20/01932/FUL) and deadline for comments (23-01-21)
- to note: any other Planning matters relevant to LCCC area
- LCCC Governance and Office Bearers’ reports (19:37)
- to note: need for updated publication policy and procedures (website, twitter, facebook), learning from recent ‘social’ media issues
- to note: verbal report on webinar Scottish Open Government: Delivering on the Scottish Government’s Programme of Reforms
- to note: Office Bearers’ decision to set up Clydesdale Internet Banking (T&Cs) and IT spend (MS Teams)
- to note: Treasurer’s report
- to note: reports from other Office Bearers and LCCC groups
- to: note: update on LCCC representation on outside bodies
- Parks & Green Spaces (20:00)
- to note: Draft Submission to Public Space Management Consultation and deadline for comments (20-01-21)
- to note: verbal update on Powderhall Railway Path
- to note: Friends of Pilrig Park report
- to note: other Park Friend’s reports
- Transport & Clean Streets (20:05)
- to agree: joint email with NTBCC regarding SfP measures (one-sided cyclepath) on London Road and CEC’s ability to maintain these new spaces adequately (snow/ice)
- to note: verbal update on tram works and final overall impact on LCCC area
- to note: any issues that have arisen for local residents or businesses that have not been dealt with satisfactorily by the Tram Project Team
- to note: any other Transport & Clean Street matters relevant to LCCC area
- Licensing (20:15)
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
- to note: 2021: 2021, 15 February, 15 March, 19 April, 17 May (AGM)
- to note: future presentations and charrettes
- tbc: talk by CEC Archeology Officer and FCA on findings at 70, 72 Newhaven Road (17/01183/FUL)
Please click to see the PDF of these draft minutes: 2020_06_15 draft V1
Please note that these are draft – while LCCC’s minutes secretary has tried to ensure they are accurate, they are provided for information only and do not represent LCCC’s decision until ratified (possibly with changes) at a subsequent meeting.
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting
(Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 25 June 2020 at 5:30pm Continue reading
Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting (Construction Phase) via Google Meet on Thursday 28 May 2020 at 5:30pm Continue reading
Due to the limitations of online meetings, we are only recording those who were present at or sent apologies for such meetings.
This meeting was for members only, so any decision recorded below may not be binding. Similarly, the LCCC June meeting may not have been empowered to approve the minutes below.
Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held via Zoom on Monday 18 May 2020 at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. Continue reading
LCCC received the email below on 8 June 2020 along with drawings for Forrest Road, The Mound, George IV Bridge, South Bridge (a fifth drawing for North Bridge was obtained separately from NTBCC’s website), inviting us to respond within five business days to the proposals.
Given that five days are insufficient to allow for a considered response to complex proposals, even at the best of times, we wrote back (see below) stating that LCCC is not in a position to respond formally and substantially while much of public and democratic life is curtailed under emergency powers and LCCC is not able to hold public, properly constituted meetings.
LCCC regrets that the procedural shortcomings of a foreshortened consultation process may impinge on the quality of the proposed measures and undermine public trust and support.
Residents may wish to respond individually. If so, write to email@example.com by 5pm on Monday, 15 June 2020.
Click any thumbnail to see the full-size PDF in a new tab or window.
TDD-637129-1200-07 South Bridge
TDD-637129-1200-09 George IV Bridge
TDD-637129-1200-10 The Mound
TDD-637129-1200-11 Forrest Road