Click to download the part of this briefing that’s about northeast Edinburgh: Community Briefing NE only
The Scottish Government has decided not to register this scheme (Facebook) in the Register of Community Interests in Land. SG’s reasoning includes:
- lack of steps with a view to transferring the land
- lack of satisfaction that it is in the public interest to register this interest in the Register.
Click to see the full SG response.
£eith Chooses now has a fully populated website, with
- information on support sessions for applicants, and other help and support
- guidance notes on the different funds (Small, Medium, Large)
- application form for small grants
- application form for medium & large grants
- project ideas
- the rules
- £eith Chooses’ themes.
Check it out – and build your winning project!
(adapted from a message from a Police Scotland officer to Neighbourhood Watch Scotland)
Dear Community members
I am taking this opportunity to make you aware of 2 recent incidents in the Morningside and Grange areas, where elderly occupiers have been approached by a male in his 30s offering to fix loose roof tiles on their houses.
It is thought the male may be driving a white transit style van.
We are currently investigating the circumstances to establish any criminality, but if you can make your members aware I would be very much appreciated.
Graeme Nisbet (South East Inspector)
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion of Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 11:54 on 2017_11_23)
In our last communication (27th October) we explained that the Contractor would be commencing the making good of defective works within remote worksites on Leith Walk. This work is progressing well and we have taken the opportunity to also make good some defects in the work carried out during Phase 2 of the Leith Programme between the Foot of the Walk and Dalmeny Street.
Our current programme is as follows:
- Replace bus shelter and install bus tracker at Albert Street – Complete
- Phase 2 remedial works as above – Due to complete by 24th November
- Make good surfacing to the southbound bus stop bypass at Shrubhill – Due to complete by 1st December
- Resolve ponding issue to Brunswick Street cycleway – Due to complete by 1st December
- Remove temporary footway ramps at Iona Street and Albert Street – Due to complete by 1st December
- General making good works to kerbs and road/footway chambers – Due to complete by 1st December
Thank you for bearing with us as we complete these works.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Leith Programme Email address: email@example.com
Leith Programme Project Team
Outline Agenda LCCC 27 November 2017
- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies, declarations of interest
- Approval of Minutes of 16 October 2017 meeting
- Matters Arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- Presentation and Q&A: Review of Leith Programme Phase 4 and progress of Phase 5 and 6 by Michael Motion & Steven Jackson
- Transport & Clean Streets
… minimising impact of tram plans on LCCC area; street lighting problems; impact of Leith Street closure on LCCC area; Parking Working Group update; consultation on Parking Permit Diesel Surcharge; consultation on decluttering streets …
- Parks & Green Spaces
… FoPP report including wall repairs at Pilrig Street; other park and friends groups; city trees; future use of Powderhall railway line …
… recent planning cases; brief presentation on planned research into population density and health by Dr Elaine Carnegie …
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
… remits for Parks & Green Spaces Committee and Communications Group …
- Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
… TBC: Leith Creative findings, planning and enforcement issues in Cambridge Avenue; impact of AirBnB; role of North East Locality; impact of City Deal and Council Business Plan 2017-22 …