Click to download: 2017_08_21 agenda
Outline Agenda LCCC 21 August 2017
- Welcome, introductions, attendance and apologies
- Approval of Minutes of 19 June 2017 meeting
- Matters Arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
- Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
A detailed agenda will be available nearer the time.
Leith Central Community Council provides a forum for local people to engage with and work for their local community. The meetings are on the third Monday of every month and these meetings are public, so you are very welcome to attend and engage with what is happening in your local area.
The next meeting will be held on
21 August 2017
in the Nelson Room, McDonald Road Library
(adapted from an email sent by Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Turner & Townsend on 23 June 2017 at 22:45)
Weekly lookahead (w/c 26th June 2017)
Please see below details of works to be undertaken during the course of next week, and the associated worksite locations during the course of next week:
- Complete grouting to the slabbed paving at the Library corner and open up areas to pedestrians where safe to do so
- Commence paving to the N/W corner of Croall Place (West side of Leith Walk)
- Commence paving to Brunswick Street footpath at the junction with Leith Walk
- Continue paving to the east side of Leith Walk
- Kerb realignment, and commence kerb laying at Brunswick Street junction
- Continue works to the road crossings at McDonald Road junction, excavating the tracks and installing ducts
165 Leith Walk – Former Tram Depot Demolition
The former tram depot, located at 165 Leith Walk, is due for demolition: further communication will follow regarding the programme for these works in the coming weeks. The area will be cleared and a creative workspaces project will occupy part of this site.
The smaller building at the front of the former depot (165a Leith Walk) will be retained and refurbished to create a pilot partnership hub delivering local services. The project is a collaboration between site owners, The City of Edinburgh Council and local arts trust, Out of the Blue.
The project team intends to hold a drop-in community event on 28th June, between 4.30pm – 7.00pm, in the McDonald Road Library. At this event, there will be an opportunity to find out more about these proposals and to ask any questions.
Should you have any queries or concerns with regards to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me direct either at this Email or at email@example.com
Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend
Click to download: 2017_04_24 final
These were approved at LCCC’s June meeting. (The May meeting was an AGM, so its minutes will be considered for adoption at the next AGM.)
Presentation on Shrub Place site construction plans and timetable; impact/s on neighbours and the Leith Walk road works by Mike Henderson, Senior Project Manager, Places for People, followed by Q&A
Monday June 19th, as part of Leith Central CC’s monthly meeting – all welcome!
McDonald Road Library, 2-4 McDonald Rd, Edinburgh EH7 4LU
At LCCC’s AGM on 22 May 2017, the following office-bearers were elected:
- Chair: Charlotte Encombe
- Vicechair: Harald Tobermann
- Secretary: Sheila Kennedy
- Treasurer: Lorraine Moore
Contact details are on LCCC’s ‘about’ page, although it may take a few days to ensure emails go to the current office-bearers.
Also, it was noted that Nick Gardner is now Friends of Montgomery Street Park’s nominated representative to, and hence a voting member of LCCC.