Following on from Edinburgh citizens simply being told how Picardy Place will change, without any opportunity for making their own input:
The author of this post thanks the Spurtle for publishing this news so quickly!
Click to download: 2017_09_18 final
Click to download: 2017_10_16 agenda
With apologies that these are posted so long after the August meeting – the regular web editor and minutes secretary has been unavailable for person reasons.
Click to download: 2017_08_21 draft
(adapted from an email sent by Michael Motion of Turner & Townsend at 14:51 on 8 September. )
Our contractor, Crummock, returned to site as of Monday 4th September to remobilise for the completion of the Phase 4 scope of works. At that time, Brunswick Road was closed to accommodate the site compound, and will remain so until the works are completed. Iona Street was also closed to allow commencement of works to realign the kerb line, commence the road surfacing works including the raised table construction and to complete the pavement slabbing. It is likely this will take up to 3 weeks to complete, during which time Iona Street will remain closed.
In addition to the above, we are also working in the following areas:
- Brunswick Street junction to complete the remain footpath slabbing to the S/E corner
- Croall Place to complete the remaining Scottish Water rectification works, and to resolve surface water drainage issues
- 2 nr road crossings on Leith Walk, north and south of Albert Street.
Marie Curie and Edinburgh Police & Partners have an open day at Fettes
Police Station on 10th September 2017, 11am to 3pm
Click the flyer for further information:
What’s it all about?
A proposal for ‘residential development (class 9 and sui generis flats) together with commercial space (including class 1, 2 and 4) and associated works at the site of the John Lewis depot, Bonnington Road Lane, Edinburgh, EH6 5BJ, for the John Lewis Partnership’
What’s happening just now?
- Presentation to Leith Central CC on Monday 18 September
- LCCC meets at 7pm at McDonald Road library.
- Public event on Tuesday 5th September
- 3pm to 8pm, at the McDonald Road Library
Montagu Evans informed us about the public event, and sent this site-plan. (Click the thumbnail to see the full-sized PDF.)