Click to download: 2017_11_27 draft
Please note that these are draft, and cannot be taken as accurate until approved (possibly after amendment) at LCCC’s January 2018 meeting. (LCCC will not meet in December.)
If you have any comments on these minutes, please lets us know. See our contacts page.
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion of Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 11:54 on 2017_11_23)
In our last communication (27th October) we explained that the Contractor would be commencing the making good of defective works within remote worksites on Leith Walk. This work is progressing well and we have taken the opportunity to also make good some defects in the work carried out during Phase 2 of the Leith Programme between the Foot of the Walk and Dalmeny Street.
Our current programme is as follows:
- Replace bus shelter and install bus tracker at Albert Street – Complete
- Phase 2 remedial works as above – Due to complete by 24th November
- Make good surfacing to the southbound bus stop bypass at Shrubhill – Due to complete by 1st December
- Resolve ponding issue to Brunswick Street cycleway – Due to complete by 1st December
- Remove temporary footway ramps at Iona Street and Albert Street – Due to complete by 1st December
- General making good works to kerbs and road/footway chambers – Due to complete by 1st December
Thank you for bearing with us as we complete these works.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Leith Programme Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leith Programme Project Team
Outline Agenda LCCC 27 November 2017
- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies, declarations of interest
- Approval of Minutes of 16 October 2017 meeting
- Matters Arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- Presentation and Q&A: Review of Leith Programme Phase 4 and progress of Phase 5 and 6 by Michael Motion & Steven Jackson
- Transport & Clean Streets
… minimising impact of tram plans on LCCC area; street lighting problems; impact of Leith Street closure on LCCC area; Parking Working Group update; consultation on Parking Permit Diesel Surcharge; consultation on decluttering streets …
- Parks & Green Spaces
… FoPP report including wall repairs at Pilrig Street; other park and friends groups; city trees; future use of Powderhall railway line …
… recent planning cases; brief presentation on planned research into population density and health by Dr Elaine Carnegie …
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
… remits for Parks & Green Spaces Committee and Communications Group …
- Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
… TBC: Leith Creative findings, planning and enforcement issues in Cambridge Avenue; impact of AirBnB; role of North East Locality; impact of City Deal and Council Business Plan 2017-22 …
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, of Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 14:55 on 2017_10_27. Mr Motion has confirmed that updates were not sent on 2017_10_13 and 2017_10_20.)
To confirm that the segregated cycleway, including the bus stop bypasses, and the 2-stage right turn for cyclists at the McDonald Road/Brunswick Road junction were opened for use on Wednesday 25th October.
As of next week, w/c 30th October, the contractor will be visible on site as they make good any defective works, within remote worksites. Any impact on pedestrians and cyclists will be kept to an absolute minimum.
There will also be works carried out next week to replace the bus shelter at Albert Street and install the bus tracker at this location. Unfortunately, we were unable to coordinate the sub-contractor to complete these works earlier, and so there will be an impact on the cycleway at this location which, again, we will try to keep to a minimum and ensure that the route is maintained.
Finally, there has been a small site compound set up within the parking bays at Albert Street to accommodate the contractor while it completes remaining works, which we anticipate will be for around 3-4 weeks. Continue reading
Click to download: 2017_09_18 final
Click to download: 2017_10_16 agenda