LCCC May 2019 approved minutes

Minutes of the AGM of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 20 May 2019 at 7:00pm

Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision.

The AGM was chaired Cllr Rob Munn. Continue reading

Minutes of the Community Councils Together on Trams/Trams Team meeting, held at 200 Bonnington Road on Wednesday 6 June 2019 at 5:30pm

Actions and decisions are red italic.

1 Abbreviations

BAFO = best and final offer LLCC = Leith Links Community Council
CCTT = Community Councils Together on Trams LW = Leith Walk
CEC = City of Edinburgh Council NTBCC = New Town & Broughton Community Council
CPZ = controlled parking zone OBC = outline business case
CS = Constitution St POLHA = Port of Leith Housing Association
ECI = early contractor involvement SPC = swept-path contract
EIA = environmental impact assessment TAPOG = CEC’s tram all-party oversight group
FBC = full business case TfE = Transport for Edinburgh
ISC = infrastructure and systems contract TN = Trams to Newhaven project
LCCC = Leith Central Community Council TRO = traffic regulation order
LHNCC = Leith Harbour & Newhaven Community Council TT = trams team

TAPOG is CEC’s leader and vice-leader, CEC’s transport convenor and vice-convenor, and transport spokespersons from each party Continue reading

LCCC June 2019 meeting agenda

Monday, 17 June 2019
McDonald Road Library, Nelson Hall

 AGENDA

Continue reading

LCCC April 2019 approved minutes

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 15 April 2019 at 7:00pm

Actions and decisions are red italics. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. Continue reading

LCCC May 2019 meeting agenda

Monday, 20 May 2019, immediately following on from AGM
McDonald Road Library, Nelson Hall

 AGENDA

Continue reading

LCCC March 2019 approved minutes

(LCCC’s minutes secretary apologises for the late publication of these approved minutes. He was unable to attend the April meeting, and so his normal cycle was interrupted. However, there is no difference in content (apart from correcting a few punctuation errors) between the record below and the draft March minutes published here: https://leithccc.files.wordpress.com/2019/04/2019_03_18-draft-v1.pdf.)

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 18 March 2019 at 7:00pm Continue reading

NOTES of Meeting Community Council Together on Trams (CCTT) & Tram Team (TT) 25 April 2019

1. Welcome, introductions, minutes

  • Present: Darren Wraight (DW), Jennifer Marlborough, Rob Levick, Angus Hardie, Charlotte Encombe, Andrew Mckenzie, Harald Tobermann (HT), Rob Leech (RL)
  • Agreed: to ask Bruce Ryan to do future minutes (costs covered by Anturas)

2. Update TT team

a. Progress on CEC work on multi-year environmental cost/benefits post-tram

  • Noted: this is being progressed by Hannah Ross (HR) who will advise

b. Confirmation of official ECI period (given the delayed mobilisation)

Noted: ECI is underway, but not all senior contractor staff are in Edinburgh. ECI will end 9 October 2019. Lane closures with heras and barrier will commence from 10 October 2019. To confirm the track slab design the contractor will carry out ground and site investigation along the route[note i]. This will be carried out via trail holes and bores. These works will be carried out under minor traffic management lasting on average 5 days per location.

  • Noted: DW as ‘in-house’ stakeholder rep, and contractors are co-locating to 200 Bonnington Rd (200BR) for the period (perhaps beyond); other members of TT: HR (ca 1 day at 200BR) and RL (as required at 200BR) based at their respective main offices. New TT communication person is being recruited. Client team includes CEC tram team, Anturas, Turner Townsend, Atkins.
  • Agreed: DW to provide diagram of all entities and key personnel involved and glossary of acronyms
  • Noted: detailed trader logistics survey in progress; more info at next meeting

3. Update CCTT

  • Noted: HT had meetings with Paul Lawrence, Hannah Ross and George Lowder to prepare the ground for CCTT/TT meetings during ECI period
  • Noted: the role of the Traffic Management Review Panel (TMRP): includes representation of some but not all relevant groups (e.g. pedestrians and bus passengers – as opposed to bus operator – don’t have a dedicated voice)[note ii]
  • Agree ‘shopping list’ (see below) priority, scope, input required, date decision required
  • Agreed: see bold items in table below

4. Agree future meeting dates during ECI period

  • Agreed: monthly meetings at 200BR on last THU, apart May (date tbc) and July (holiday[note iii]): 29 (tbc) May, 27 June, 29 August, 26 September; meetings beyond September TBA
  • Agreed: due to pace of mobilisation, to meet contractors’ senior staff at June meeting
  • Agreed: to keep an eye on Constitution Street fixing points and pre-works

Continue reading