Click to download the part of this briefing that’s about northeast Edinburgh: Community Briefing NE only
Outline Agenda LCCC 27 November 2017
- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies, declarations of interest
- Approval of Minutes of 16 October 2017 meeting
- Matters Arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- Presentation and Q&A: Review of Leith Programme Phase 4 and progress of Phase 5 and 6 by Michael Motion & Steven Jackson
- Transport & Clean Streets
… minimising impact of tram plans on LCCC area; street lighting problems; impact of Leith Street closure on LCCC area; Parking Working Group update; consultation on Parking Permit Diesel Surcharge; consultation on decluttering streets …
- Parks & Green Spaces
… FoPP report including wall repairs at Pilrig Street; other park and friends groups; city trees; future use of Powderhall railway line …
… recent planning cases; brief presentation on planned research into population density and health by Dr Elaine Carnegie …
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
… remits for Parks & Green Spaces Committee and Communications Group …
- Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
… TBC: Leith Creative findings, planning and enforcement issues in Cambridge Avenue; impact of AirBnB; role of North East Locality; impact of City Deal and Council Business Plan 2017-22 …
Following on from Edinburgh citizens simply being told how Picardy Place will change, without any opportunity for making their own input:
- It has been announced that consultation will happen.
- There have been lively discussions between CEC officials and community members and representatives. The officials stated that there has been already been consultation, but there were strong denials of this from community members and representatives.
- Alternative designs have been proposed.
The author of this post thanks the Spurtle for publishing this news so quickly!
Click to download: 2017_09_18 final
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council)
Edinburgh Council has published a new Development Plan Scheme. The Scheme is available
to view online at: www.edinburgh.gov.uk/localdevelopmentplan.
The Development Plan Scheme will also be available for inspection from 11 September 2017 at the Council’s offices at the Planning front desk, Waverley Court, 4 East Market Street, Edinburgh and in Council libraries.
The Scheme explains that the first Local Development Plan was formally adopted in November 2016. Since then the Council has gathered feedback from stakeholders to help improve preparations for the next Local Development Plan – LDP 2. That feedback is now available online at: www.edinburgh.gov.uk/localdevelopmentplan.
The Scheme also outlines the timetable for LDP 2. That will be updated in a new Development Plan Scheme to be published in 2018.