(download the original PDF here: LCCC response to tram extension consultation)
the most densely populated area in Scotland
a place for people, not a transport corridor
Leith Central Community Council’s response to City of Edinburgh’s consultation on the Tram Extension to Newhaven
(Unless otherwise noted all comments below refer to Leith Walk only, from London Road north.) Continue reading
Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 19 March 2018 at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic underlined. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. Continue reading
Edinburgh Council recently consulted on its draft supplementary guidance on ‘Developer Contributions and Infrastructure Delivery’. Here is Leith Central CC’s response:
Developers contribution and infrastructure delivery
Comments by Leith Central Community Council
Whilst the consensus view of the Community Council is that this a welcome document in that it more clearly defines contributions developers are required to make under Section 75, there are a number of aspects which we consider to be disadvantageous to the central Leith area.
These concern provision of health care, educational requirements and contributions to the extension of the tramline along Leith Walk.
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion of Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 11:54 on 2017_11_23)
In our last communication (27th October) we explained that the Contractor would be commencing the making good of defective works within remote worksites on Leith Walk. This work is progressing well and we have taken the opportunity to also make good some defects in the work carried out during Phase 2 of the Leith Programme between the Foot of the Walk and Dalmeny Street.
Our current programme is as follows:
- Replace bus shelter and install bus tracker at Albert Street – Complete
- Phase 2 remedial works as above – Due to complete by 24th November
- Make good surfacing to the southbound bus stop bypass at Shrubhill – Due to complete by 1st December
- Resolve ponding issue to Brunswick Street cycleway – Due to complete by 1st December
- Remove temporary footway ramps at Iona Street and Albert Street – Due to complete by 1st December
- General making good works to kerbs and road/footway chambers – Due to complete by 1st December
Thank you for bearing with us as we complete these works.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Leith Programme Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leith Programme Project Team