(adapted from a flyer circulated by community police officers, who invite you all to share the flyers – click the graphics to see the full-size PDFs)
Destiny Angels would love to invite you to be part of an Easter Community Fun Day in Dalmeny St Park.
Activities include: Easter Egg Hunt, Egg & Spoon Race, Football Tournament, Face-Painting, Crafts, Free Food, Litter Picking, Graffiti Clean-up, Gardening, Fire Engine, Police Bikes, Balloon Modelling.
With local organisations and residents helping out, it promises to be a great day to celebrate our community. We look forward to seeing you there!
For more info contact email@example.com or phone 0131 4542001
Destiny Angels is part of Destiny Church Edinburgh Registered Charity SC017898
Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 15 January 2018 at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red underlined. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. URLs added by minutes secretary. Continue reading
Click to download: 2018_01_15 agenda
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion of Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 11:54 on 2017_11_23)
In our last communication (27th October) we explained that the Contractor would be commencing the making good of defective works within remote worksites on Leith Walk. This work is progressing well and we have taken the opportunity to also make good some defects in the work carried out during Phase 2 of the Leith Programme between the Foot of the Walk and Dalmeny Street.
Our current programme is as follows:
- Replace bus shelter and install bus tracker at Albert Street – Complete
- Phase 2 remedial works as above – Due to complete by 24th November
- Make good surfacing to the southbound bus stop bypass at Shrubhill – Due to complete by 1st December
- Resolve ponding issue to Brunswick Street cycleway – Due to complete by 1st December
- Remove temporary footway ramps at Iona Street and Albert Street – Due to complete by 1st December
- General making good works to kerbs and road/footway chambers – Due to complete by 1st December
Thank you for bearing with us as we complete these works.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Leith Programme Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leith Programme Project Team
With apologies for delay, please click to download the approved minutes for LCCC’s June 2017 meeting: 2017_06_19 final.
Delay was due to
- The draft minutes could not be approved until LCCC met in August. (In common with many CCs, LCCC does not meet in July.)
- LCCC’s minutes secretary and web-weaver was unavailable for some of August and September due to personal and work commitments.
This post is adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council. It follows on from this post.
Thank you for your e-mail of 11th February regarding the above which has been forwarded to me by John McFarlane to provide our response in blue to the questions you have asked. Please accept our apologies for the delay in responding to your original e-mail which occurred due to an administrative oversight. Continue reading
Leith Central CC is concerned that the new LED lighting in Dalmeny Street, Iona Street and Sloan Street is unhelpful, if not dangerous. In an attempt to save £10m – worthwhile of itself – CEC has replaced the former style of bulbs with LED lights. Continue reading