At LCCC’s AGM on 22 May 2017, the following office-bearers were elected:
- Chair: Charlotte Encombe
- Vicechair: Harald Tobermann
- Secretary: Sheila Kennedy
- Treasurer: Lorraine Moore
Contact details are on LCCC’s ‘about’ page, although it may take a few days to ensure emails go to the current office-bearers.
Also, it was noted that Nick Gardner is now Friends of Montgomery Street Park’s nominated representative to, and hence a voting member of LCCC.
Click to download: 2017_03_20 final
The outline agenda is below – a detailed agenda will be available nearer the time.
Outline Agenda LCCC 24 April 2017
- Welcome, introductions, attendance and apologies
- Approval of Minutes of 20 March 2017 meeting
- Matters Arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
- Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
click to download: 2017_03_20 agenda
(adapted from a communication from Changeworks)
University of Edinburgh research participants needed
Changeworks has partnered with the University of Edinburgh to deliver IDEAL, a cutting edge research project exploring how smart technology can help save energy in the home. They are looking for Edinburgh households (EH1-17) with gas combi boiler heating to participate.
The benefits include:
- Gaining insight into your home energy use
- Receiving a free android tablet used to display energy use information
- Receiving tailored advice from University of Edinburgh experts
- Hopefully saving money on gas and electricity bills
For more information visit changeworks.org.uk/projects/ideal or read this leaflet.
To get involved email your name, address, and contact details to IDEAL@changeworks.org.uk, or call 0131 539 8610.
LCCC neither recommends or discommends this offer, but does recommend considering information on potential domestic internet security issues. The Register and Wikipedia are not authoritative primary sources but the links within these articles may be worth following up.
Click to download: 2016_11_21_final
Want to ensure your voice is heard by Edinburgh Councillors, MSPs and MPs? Want to join the best hyperlocal-democratic body in Leith Central’s area? Then nominate a representative to Leith Central Community Council.
Up to 8 local organisations can be represented on Leith Central CC. Read on for how it’s done!