Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 17 September at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision.
In the chair’s and vice-chair’s absences, the meeting was chaired by the secretary. Continue reading
Agenda for Meeting of Leith Central Community Council
Monday, 15 October 2018 at 7pm McDonald Road Library, Nelson Hall Continue reading
Outline Agenda for 17 October 2018
A detailed agenda will be published nearer the meeting.
- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies, declarations of interest
- Approval of Minutes of 17 September 2018 meeting
- Matters arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- Presentation and Q&A: briefing by CEC and Collective Architecture on plans for the defunct Powderhall site
- Parks & Green Spaces
- update on progress of Powderhall (unused railway line) green corridor
- further delay to re-opening of Water of Leith Walkway between Anderson and Newhaven
- investment in local parks and green spaces
- Transport & Clean Streets
- 2nd design consultation on tram extension
- consultation on business support during 2 year tram construction
- tram: supplementary projects
- strategic parking review
- Dalmeny Street capital project …
- update on Drum/Stead’s Place
- Easter Road Lidl application resubmitted
- planning department: errors and complaints or resource issues?
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
- Ward Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
Meeting papers (from October 2014 onwards) are in the cloud at https://goo.gl/jrARbc.
The meeting papers will also be on LCCC’s website in due course on the meetings page: https://leithcentralcc.co.uk/reports.
Please click the thumbnail see attached Civic new licence notice for a second hand dealer at 150 Easter Road.
City of Edinburgh Licensing Board – Consultations
Edinburgh’s Licensing Board is consulting on the terms of a new draft statement of Licensing Policy, and its Assessment of Overprovision in the Board’s area. Details of the consultations are available on the Consultation Hub on the Council’s website at the following locations:
Responses to the consultations should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
The consultations remain open until 5 October 2018.
(adapted from an email from Edinburgh Council)
The period for commenting on or objecting to the planning application 18/03989/FUL has been extended to 27 September 2018. This application is about allowing ‘loading and unloading operations to be restricted to between 06.30 AM and 22.00 PM Monday to Friday; 07.00 AM and 22.00 PM Saturdays; and 08.00AM and 22.00 PM Sundays. Storetrading hours shall be restricted to 08.00 AM and 22.00 PM.’
The extension is because ‘there was … a problem with the neighbour notification process’. Edinburgh Council are ‘reviewing the process that resulted in such a short period of time to comment’
This month’s meeting will consist of firstly the annual general meeting, then the ordinary meeting.
The meeting is at 7pm on Monday 21 May, at McDonald Road Library. Continue reading
(download the original PDF here: LCCC response to tram extension consultation)
the most densely populated area in Scotland
a place for people, not a transport corridor
(photo © Lothian Buses plc [Photographer: probably Edwin O Catford])
Leith Central Community Council’s response to City of Edinburgh’s consultation on the Tram Extension to Newhaven
(Unless otherwise noted all comments below refer to Leith Walk only, from London Road north.) Continue reading