(adapted from an email sent by Steven Jackson, Associate Director, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend, at 14:57 on 2017_07_21)
With regards to the works and worksite locations for next week, these have been specified and set as the following:
- Paving from Croall Place N/W corner to Shrub Place Lane set to continue and be completed by mid-next week.
- Paving towards corner of Brunswick Street set to be completed on this coming Saturday (22nd July).
- Taring of footway with corduroy paving slabs on Albert Place to begin next week and be completed by Friday 28th July.
- Taring and slabbing of tactile paving set to begin next Tuesday on corner that meets Elm Row with Brunswick Street. To be finished by Friday 28th July.
- Slabbing at bus stop shelter on Crighton Place to begin next week and be finished by Friday 28th July. Small section of slabbing on opposite side of the road also to be complete with regards to the same timeframe.
- Traffic Management plan to be put in place next week allowing for completion of road markings at McDonald Road junction. Road markings to be finished Friday 28th July.
- Road crossing islands (All three at McDonald Road junction and Albert Street junction) to be completed by Monday 24th July.
- Taring and completion of curbing at Iona St as well as junction road markings to be done and completed on Friday 28th July.
Again, we remain on target to have completed our works, allowing the McDonald Road/Brunswick Road to re-open for the Edinburgh Festival embargo, and for all worksite boundary fencing to be removed off site, by the end of July. For the safety of re-opening the junction, we are planning to do this as of Monday 31st July, as opposed to the previous Friday, 28th July.
Further to this, the demobilisation of the Iona Street compound will commence as of Monday 31st July, with the compound off site entirely by Friday 4th August. At this time, the prohibition on entry to Iona Street from Leith Walk will be in place.
Should you have queries, or require any further information, in regards to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me direct or by using email@example.com.
Steven Jackson, Associate Director, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend
Osborne House, 1 Osborne Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HG
t: +44 (0) 131 347 3400 | m: +44 (0) 7764 443028 | www.turnerandtownsend.com