(adapted from an email from Allenbuild, received 6 March 2018)
If you have any concerns about the following, please contact Donald McLean of Allenbuild directly. Please also CC your concerns to email@example.com.
The final piling ‘visit’ to the Shrubhill site, which stretches from Leith Walk to Dryden St is going ahead. Piling equipment will mobilise to site on Monday 12 March. The duration of the piling should be no more than 3 weeks.
- The first week’s work will be taking place alongside the railway track beside the old chimney.
- The middle week will be the works to the two buildings nearest the old gable walls on the boundary.
- The final week back into the middle of the site.
Allenbuild will position vibration-monitoring equipment along the old gables and at the rail bridge and chimney.
No piling will commence before 08:00 am. Piling will cease by 18:30. It is likely that piling will also occur on Saturday 17 March and Saturday 24 March, from 08:00 to 14:30 at the latest.
Donald McLean, Project Manager, Allenbuild Ltd
The Engine Yard, 28 Dryden Street, Edinburgh, EH7 4PW
Site Office: 0131 478 1246 ext 202. Mobile: 07484 039 677
Edinburgh Council recently consulted on its draft supplementary guidance on ‘Developer Contributions and Infrastructure Delivery’. Here is Leith Central CC’s response:
Developers contribution and infrastructure delivery
Comments by Leith Central Community Council
Whilst the consensus view of the Community Council is that this a welcome document in that it more clearly defines contributions developers are required to make under Section 75, there are a number of aspects which we consider to be disadvantageous to the central Leith area.
These concern provision of health care, educational requirements and contributions to the extension of the tramline along Leith Walk.
Click to download: 2017_11_27 draft
Please note that these are draft, and cannot be taken as accurate until approved (possibly after amendment) at LCCC’s January 2018 meeting. (LCCC will not meet in December.)
If you have any comments on these minutes, please lets us know. See our contacts page.
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion of Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 11:54 on 2017_11_23)
In our last communication (27th October) we explained that the Contractor would be commencing the making good of defective works within remote worksites on Leith Walk. This work is progressing well and we have taken the opportunity to also make good some defects in the work carried out during Phase 2 of the Leith Programme between the Foot of the Walk and Dalmeny Street.
Our current programme is as follows:
- Replace bus shelter and install bus tracker at Albert Street – Complete
- Phase 2 remedial works as above – Due to complete by 24th November
- Make good surfacing to the southbound bus stop bypass at Shrubhill – Due to complete by 1st December
- Resolve ponding issue to Brunswick Street cycleway – Due to complete by 1st December
- Remove temporary footway ramps at Iona Street and Albert Street – Due to complete by 1st December
- General making good works to kerbs and road/footway chambers – Due to complete by 1st December
Thank you for bearing with us as we complete these works.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Leith Programme Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Leith Programme Project Team
Click to download: 2016_12_19-final
Click to download: 2016_11_21_final
Click to download: 2016_08_15draft