Click to download: 2017_11_27 draft
Please note that these are draft, and cannot be taken as accurate until approved (possibly after amendment) at LCCC’s January 2018 meeting. (LCCC will not meet in December.)
If you have any comments on these minutes, please lets us know. See our contacts page.
Outline Agenda LCCC 27 November 2017
- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies, declarations of interest
- Approval of Minutes of 16 October 2017 meeting
- Matters Arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
- Presentation and Q&A: Review of Leith Programme Phase 4 and progress of Phase 5 and 6 by Michael Motion & Steven Jackson
- Transport & Clean Streets
… minimising impact of tram plans on LCCC area; street lighting problems; impact of Leith Street closure on LCCC area; Parking Working Group update; consultation on Parking Permit Diesel Surcharge; consultation on decluttering streets …
- Parks & Green Spaces
… FoPP report including wall repairs at Pilrig Street; other park and friends groups; city trees; future use of Powderhall railway line …
… recent planning cases; brief presentation on planned research into population density and health by Dr Elaine Carnegie …
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
… remits for Parks & Green Spaces Committee and Communications Group …
- Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
… TBC: Leith Creative findings, planning and enforcement issues in Cambridge Avenue; impact of AirBnB; role of North East Locality; impact of City Deal and Council Business Plan 2017-22 …
(adapted from a post on Edinburgh Council’s website)
Public information events will take place
- on Tuesday, 21 November from 10am to 7pm at the City Art Centre, Market Street
- Wednesday, 22 November from 3pm to 7pm at Broughton St Mary’s Parish Church, Bellevue Crescent.
At these events, you can hear from the Council on how plans have evolved since their inception.
Participants will be shown refinements already made to proposals based on feedback from a series of public events held in September, including increased provision for pedestrians and cyclists.
Views will also be sought on the piece of land at the top of Leith Walk, where a roundabout currently sits. Feedback will be used to inform the final designs, which are expected to be discussed by the Transport and Environment Committee at the beginning of next year.
With apologies for delay, please click to download the approved minutes for LCCC’s June 2017 meeting: 2017_06_19 final.
Delay was due to
- The draft minutes could not be approved until LCCC met in August. (In common with many CCs, LCCC does not meet in July.)
- LCCC’s minutes secretary and web-weaver was unavailable for some of August and September due to personal and work commitments.
Click to download: 2017_03_20 final
Click to download: 2017_02_20 final
(adapted from an email sent by Michael Motion of the Leith Programme at 15:58 on 2017_03_16)
Phase 4 update (Pilrig Street to McDonald Road)
The upgrade of the Pilrig Street junction is now complete, and the junction has been re-opened to traffic as of 16th March. Works will now continue on Leith Walk as part of the Pilrig Street to MacDonald Road phase of the Leith Programme. The footpath up to Middlefield and outside Sainsbury’s, and completion of outstanding Crighton Place works, which were previously delayed due to Scottish Water infrastructure works, will be the focus over the coming weeks. The Leith Programme Phase 4 end date remains summer 2017.
In addition to the above, and commencing as of Monday 27th March, CEC will be installing a number of planters and trees to Leith Walk at various locations north of Pilrig Street. Continue reading