Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held at McDonald Road library on Monday 16 December 2019 at 7:00pm Continue reading
Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 21 JANUARY 2019 at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. Continue reading
(adapted from emails from SP Energy, with bullet-point information and photos supplied by H Tobermann)
An update in terms of the ongoing project at Shrubhill Substation. The delivery of the replacement transformer is scheduled to take place on the evening on Monday 12 November 2018. This will involve an escorted load being arranged by specialist contractors who are experienced in such activity.
- planned completion of the project site works 29-03-19
- Shrubhill substation serves some 40,000 business and residential customers from the New Town to Leith (the most densely populated area in Scotland), including the Scottish Parliament
- the removal and delivery of the transformer is managed by our contractor’s haulage firm and Police Scotland and is under control.
- The old transformer and the rest of the equipment were all removed from site safely last month, we have also completed the demolition .
- The new transformer is due to be delivered on the 12/11/18 and the process is being managed by the haulier JB Rawcliffe who have significant experience working not only on deliveries of transformers to Scottish Power’s substations but delivering equipment across the UK.
The delivery is planned to arrive sometime prior to midnight and will sit at the entrance until morning before the process of moving it into the substation commences in daylight conditions.
Community Liaison, Major Projects
Ochil House, 10 Technology Avenue, Blantyre, G72 0HT
0141 614 3231 / 07808 000148
Photos were taken at the end of October 2018:
|Click the thumbnails to see the full-size photos.|
Regarding this post, please note that the period for comments or objections has now been extended to 29 October.
This is thanks to LCCC’s secretary emailing the relevant CEC official while on holiday!
Please see the following application for a public entertainment license by Places for People Leisure Ltd (Places Gym) for Shrubhill, Leith Walk, EH7 4PD.
If you wish to comment or object, please do so in writing to the Council Solicitor, City of Edinburgh Council, Licensing Service, 249 High Street, Edinburgh EH1 1YJ, by 9 October 2018.