A detailed agenda will be posted before the meeting.
- Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies, declarations of interest
- Approval of Minutes of 19 February 2018 meeting
- Matters arising
- Community Police Officer’s Report
… recent planning cases; arrangements for pre-application consultation (156, 158B, 160, 162 Leith Walk – 18/01015/PAN); Developer Contributions and Infrastructure Delivery consultation: LCCC’s response …
- Transport & Clean Streets
… Leith Programme Phase 4 defects/remedial; update on Leith Programme remaining budget; RNIB update; tram extension consultation; Parking Working Group update; impact of recent inclement weather on LCCC area …
- Parks & Green Spaces
… defunct Powderhall rail line update …
- LCCC Office Bearers’ Reports
… LCCC FY18/19 budget; Comms Group update; AGM arrangements; LCCC’s representation at NE Locality meetings; status of Cllr Ritchie at LCCC meetings …
- Ward Councillors’ reports, MSPs’ reports, MP’s report
- Open Forum
- Future Meetings (usually 3rd Monday of the month) and meeting topics/presentations
Edinburgh Council recently consulted on its draft supplementary guidance on ‘Developer Contributions and Infrastructure Delivery’. Here is Leith Central CC’s response:
Developers contribution and infrastructure delivery
Comments by Leith Central Community Council
Whilst the consensus view of the Community Council is that this a welcome document in that it more clearly defines contributions developers are required to make under Section 75, there are a number of aspects which we consider to be disadvantageous to the central Leith area.
These concern provision of health care, educational requirements and contributions to the extension of the tramline along Leith Walk.