(adapted from an email from Rory Garriock on behalf of Newhaven Tram. We apologise for not getting this out sooner, but we received the email only 2 days ago.)
Work is due to get under way this week to improve safety at various locations on Leith Walk, including what is believed to be the first installation in Scotland of a particular type of cycleway delineators. They will be put in place at locations on the east and west side of Leith Walk at Pilrig Street and the east side of Leith Walk at Brunswick Road. This work is being carried out by MacKenzie Construction.
In addition to these new delineators, Leith Programme Phase 4 contractor Crummock will carry out a series of remedial works to road surfacing defects, road gullies/manholes and additional safety markings to the cycleway. The same traffic management sub-contractor will be used in order to coordinate the works and to minimise traffic disruption while these works are ongoing.
The programme of construction works will be as follows:
- 18th April – 20th April: Crummock undertaking remedial works to road surfacing defect on the northbound lane at Pilrig Street junction
- 23rd April – 4th May: MacKenzie Construction undertaking works to install cycleway delineators at the locations noted above
- 23rd April – 4th May: (for a period of up to 2 weeks) Crummock undertaking further defect remedial works at various locations between Iona Street and Brunswick Street
(adapted from an email sent by Michael Motion of Turner & Townsend at 14:51 on 8 September. )
Our contractor, Crummock, returned to site as of Monday 4th September to remobilise for the completion of the Phase 4 scope of works. At that time, Brunswick Road was closed to accommodate the site compound, and will remain so until the works are completed. Iona Street was also closed to allow commencement of works to realign the kerb line, commence the road surfacing works including the raised table construction and to complete the pavement slabbing. It is likely this will take up to 3 weeks to complete, during which time Iona Street will remain closed.
In addition to the above, we are also working in the following areas:
- Brunswick Street junction to complete the remain footpath slabbing to the S/E corner
- Croall Place to complete the remaining Scottish Water rectification works, and to resolve surface water drainage issues
- 2 nr road crossings on Leith Walk, north and south of Albert Street.
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager at Turner & Townsend, sent at 16:51 on 21 August 2017)
As of Monday 4th September, following the Edinburgh festival embargo, our Contractor, Crummock, will be returning to Leith Walk to complete Phase 4 of the Leith Programme. We anticipate completing these works by Friday 3rd November (being an 8 week construction programme). Continue reading