(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend, sent at 11:31 on 2017_09_17)
Proposed works and worksite locations for w/c 18th September
- Kerb realignment has been completed at the Iona Street junction, and the footpath slabbing works will progress this week
- Completion of the footpath slabbing to the S/E corner of the Brunswick Street junction will continue this week
- Continuing the Scottish Water works at Croall Place, followed by the footpath reinstatement works
- Albert Street will close today for 2 weeks to accommodate the Leith Walk road re-surfacing works with associated traffic management and local diversions in place to accommodate these works
- Road surfacing works are continuing north to south on Leith Walk, are progressing well, and will be focussed on the East side going past Albert Street this week
To clarify, the segregated cycleway remains out of use at this time and will not be formally put into use until all works have been completed and made good, and the safety markings have been applied to the cycleway. Signage will remain in place to highlight this. CEC will be implementing a safety communications campaign in advance of the cycleway, the bus stop bypasses and the 2-stage right turn for cyclists being put into use at the end of the contract, and this will commence within the next few weeks.
Should you have any queries, or require any further information in regards to the above, please do not hesitate to make contact by using email@example.com.
Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend