On top of the permenant test centre (for people with symptoms) at Leith Library, as well as the drop-in vaccine clinics at St James Quarter, the EICC and Leith Community Health Centre (details), authorities have set up another testing hub at McDonald Road Library. Here is the latest alert from them with all the details;
Regular testing for people with no COVID-19 symptoms is one of the ways we can all help keep people safe and stop the spread new variants in Edinburgh. Infection rates are high across Edinburgh, so we’re urging people to keep testing, even if they’ve been vaccinated. People with no COVID-19 symptoms can come along for a test at:
- Wester Hailes Library from Monday 23 August to Saturday 11 September (closed Sundays)
- McDonald Road Library from Monday 9 August to Saturday 28 August (closed Sundays)
- Blackhall Library, Monday 30 August to Saturday 11 September (closed Sundays)
- Blackhall Mosque,1 House O’Hill Road, EH4 2AJ from Monday 23 to Thursday 26 August 9.30am to 4pm.
- Assembly Rooms, 54 George Street, EH2 2LR from Saturday 21 August to Saturday 28 August (closed Sunday) 9.30am to 5pm
- Tumbles/Power League car park, 20 Westbank Street, Portobello EH15 1DR from Friday 20 August to Sunday 29 August 9.30am to 5pm
- Craigmillar Medical Practice, 106 Niddrie Mains Rd, Edinburgh EH16 4DT, from Monday 23 August to Saturday 28 August, 10.00am to 5.30pm and Sunday 29 August, 9.30am to 5pm
- South East locality office, 40 Captain’s Road, Edinburgh, EH17 8QF, from Monday 23 August to Saturday 29 August, 10am to 5.30pm and Sunday 29 August, 9.30am to 5pm
We’re open from 9am to 6pm unless stated above and there’s no need to book. You can also pick up home testing kits from our centres at libraries. Testing is free, fast and safe. It will only take around 15 minutes to take the test and 45 minutes for people to be sent their results. If you can’t get to the library, you can order free rapid lateral flow test kits onlineor by phoning the National Testing Centre on 119. Almost 1 in 3 people infected with Covid-19 don’t have any of the usual symptoms but are potentially passing on the virus unknowingly to family, friends and others in the community. By getting tested people can find out if they are positive and self-isolate at home to stop spreading the virus to others. People who have been vaccinated are also encouraged to take a test as they may still carry the virus.
You can find out more about community testing on our web pages at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/communitytesting