- annual report, including treasurer’s report
- election of office-bearers
- LCCC committee membership
- dates and times of future meetings
Minutes of the AGM of Leith Central Community Council, held via Zoom, on Monday 16 November 2020 at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision.
Item 5 was chaired by B Ryan. Item 6 to 9 were chaired by the newly elected chair.
1 Welcome, apologies
- LCCC voting members: Jack Caldwell, Charlotte Encombe, Pierre Forissier, Nick Gardner, Sheila Kennedy, Ian Mowat, John Tibbitt, Harald Tobermann, John Wilkinson, Amy Woodgate
- LCCC ex-officio and non-voting members: Cllr Susan Rae (Leith Walk), Bruce Ryan (minutes secretary)
- Others: Michael Trail, Sally Millar, Jim Scanlon MBE (all Leith Links CC), 3 other residents/visitors
John Hein (LCCC), Cllr Amy McNeese-Mechan, Cllr Rob Munn (both Leith Walk) Deidre Brock MP (Edinburgh North & Leith)
2 Minutes of the previous annual general meeting of LCCC
These had been approved in June 2019, and were re-approved this evening (proposed C Encombe, seconded S Kennedy).
The chair noted the following key points of LCCC activities in 2019-2020:
- collaboration with neighbouring CCs
- much work on planning. Former planning convenor Julian Siann was thanked for his devotion to this work.
- involvement with Save Leith Walk
- much work on trams and parking
The chair thanked LCCC’s communications team for their work on LCCC’s social media presence.
4 Treasurer’s submission of Balance Sheet and Annual Accounts duly independently examined and certified correct (pp. 4-5 of Annual Report)
The treasurer noted
- LCCC’s sole income was a CEC grant of ~£1200
- Significant expenditure included minutes secretary and a projector.
- Some minutes secretary costs were not paid by the end of the financial year, so are recorded as liabilities. (These amounts have subsequently been paid.)
There was discussion of depreciation of electronic assets such as projectors.
5 Demit of current office bearers and election of office bearers
There were only the following candidates, who were all happy to stand for the noted roles.
|Chair||Charlotte Encombe||Pierre Forrisier||Sheila Kennedy||Encombe elected nem con|
|Vice Chair||Harald Tobermann||Amy Woodgate||John Wilkinson||Tobermann elected nem con|
|Secretary||Sheila Kennedy||Charlotte Encombe||Ian Mowat||Kennedy elected nem con|
|Treasurer||Ian Mowat||Nick Gardner||Jack Caldwell||Mowat elected nem con|
|Engagement Officer||Amy Woodgate||Harald Tobermann||John Wilkinson||Woodgate elected nem con|
6 Confirmation of LCCC committees, their convenors and members
LCCC members volunteered to serve as follows:
|Communications and co-operation||TBC||J Caldwell, S Kennedy, B Ryan, J Tibbitt, A Woodgate|
|Licensing||TBC||N Gardner, S Kennedy, I Mowat, J Wilkinson|
|Parking||TBC||C Encombe, S Kennedy|
|Parks & green spaces||N Gardner||C Encombe, J WIlkinson|
|Planning||P Forissier||N Gardner, H Tobermann, J Wilkinson, A Woodgate|
|Transport & clean streets||H Tobermann||S Kennedy, I Mowat, J Wilkinson|
- F Gerlach: due to sparse attendance, action: chair to ascertain her ability to contribute to this ctte and to LCCC
- A Dudley and J Hein are not yet on any committees. Action: chair to ascertain their wishes when their circumstances permit.
- Other committees were encouraged to inform Comms and Cooperation of their activities, so the latter can publicise them.
7 Dates, times and venue of future meetings
The following was agreed:
- As in previous years, ordinary meetings between AGMs will be held on the third Monday of each month, except July and December. Due to lockdown restrictions, LCCC may hold such meetings online only, but aims to return properly constituted meetings (per 2019 Standing Orders) as soon as possible, at which point, meeting venues will be published.
- Unless otherwise notified, all meetings will start at 7pm and finish at 9pm (online meetings: 8.30pm).
- Actual dates: 18 January 2021, 15 February 2021, 15 March 2021, 19 April 2021, 17 May 2021 (AGM)
8 Date of next AGM
17 May 2021.
9 Any other business
- A resident stated: ‘The committee will wish to note Ross McCulloch barbers will close on Wednesday owing to an eye watering rent hike. Story goes another barber may replace Ross not the upscale tenant the landlord may have wanted.’
- A Woodgate: I have been part of CEC Shop Local campaign preparations. A Woodgate to circulate an update once content is shared by CEC.