In line with the latest coronavirus advice, the LCCC March meeting (16 March 2020) has been cancelled.
We will advise how it will happen later, once this has been worked out.
We sincerely apologise for the late decision, and any inconvenience this has caused.
Meanwhile, here are some sources of advice about coronavirus:
- Scottish Council for Voluntary Organisations’ coronavirus community assistance directory: https://covid-19.scvo.org
- Ready Scotland’s helping in your community web-page: https://www.readyscotland.org/coronavirus/helping-in-your-community
- A series of links on the Scottish Community Councils website: http://www.communitycouncils.scot/information-on-coronavirus-for-community-councils.html.
Update on Monday 23 March, from an email from Edinburgh Council
- New Local Critical Resilience Centres rolled out as Locality Offices close
- Measures to support those financially affected by the outbreak
- Residents urged to go online, only phone in an emergency or critical need
Read the full CEC email here: https://edinburghcoun-newsroom.prgloo.com/news/latest-news-further-measures-to-protect-edinburghs-hardest-hit-residents
Update on Saturday 21 March, copied from tweets from CEC
If you have Coronavirus symptoms you must put your personal waste (eg tissues and disposable cleaning cloths) in a plastic rubbish bag, tie it when full, then double bag it by putting it in another bag. After 72 hours you can put it outside in your grey or black lidded bin.
From Monday we’re suspending blue box collections for glass because of staff shortages. You can find out what to do with your glass, as well as more updates on changes to bin collections here bit.ly/2UrhpUD. We really appreciate your patience & understanding about this.
Original tweets are here (https://twitter.com/Edinburgh_CC/status/1241079591709618176?s=20 and https://twitter.com/Edinburgh_CC/status/1241338776087072768?s=20)