adapted from an email from Trams to Newhaven. For more information, please see their latest Project Newsletter.
Please note that construction work on the Trams to Newhaven project will pause for Christmas and New Year from 5.00pm on 20 December 2019 until 7.00am on Monday 6 January 2020.
All open excavations on Constitution Street have been backfilled with sand to protect the ground conditions. Footways have been reinstated where possible and the majority of traffic management on Leith Walk will be removed, with barriers remaining around street lighting columns and build-outs.
During the festive period, we will secure all construction site entry and exit gates using a coded padlock. All emergency services have been given the code should they need to gain access and the site will be inspected twice a day.
The scaffolding at the South Leith Parish Church wall will remain in place over the festive period and will be inspected regularly.
Our contact centre opening hours over the period are:
- Saturday 21st December 2019 – Monday 23rd December 2019 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Tuesday 24th December 2019 & Tuesday 31st December 2019 8:00am to 6:00pm
- Friday 27th December 2019 – Monday 30th December 2019 8:00am to 8:00pm
- Friday 3rd January 2020 – Sunday 5th January 2020 8:00am to 8:00pm
How to contact the project
The contact centre will be closed on the following days although calls will be auto-forwarded to the on-call team:
- Wednesday 25th December 2019
- Thursday 26th December 2019
- Wednesday 1st January 2020
- Thursday 2nd January 2020
The operating times for the Mitchell St logistics hub over the period are:
- 21st, 22nd, 23rd = 8.00am – 6.00pm
- 24th December = 8.00am – 3.00pm
- 25th and 26th December = CLOSED
- 27th, 28th = 8.00am – 6.00pm
- 29th = Sunday closure
- 30th December = 8.00am – 6.00pm
- 31st December = 8.00am – 3.00pm
- 1st, 2nd January = CLOSED
- 3rd January = 8.00am – 6.00pm
- 4th January = 8.00am – 3.00pm
- 5th January – Sunday closure
Traffic management maintenance crews will be operational 24/7 over the Christmas period.
If you have any further questions please do not hesitate to get in contact.