Some great things in the latest CPN newsletter. Here’s the headlines:
- Conference: Contemporary Difficulties and Future Prospects for Participatory and Deliberative Democracy
- Free e-book: Renewing democracy in Scotland
- PhD studentships at Newcastle in digital civics
- Wee Play – The referendum game-changer
- Government by the people – Final CFAPI report
- Engaging citizens using ‘mini-publics’
- Participation Now – a new online resource
- Interested in Wisdom Councils?
- New issue of CONCEPT (the Journal of Contemporary Community Education Practice Theory)
- New issue of the Journal of Dialogue Studies
- Kinghorn goes local with the Big Vote
- Training in Edinburgh by the Social Return on Investment Network
- Training: The art of participatory leadership for system change
The Citizen Participation Network (CPN) was set up in 2010 by Edinburgh University’s Public Policy Network. In four years, CPN has grown from 5 to 500 members including citizens, researchers, policy makers and participation practitioners. It aims to connect research, policy and practice in the worlds of collaborative governance and participatory and deliberative democracy in Scotland and beyond.