Recently people attending the fourth public meeting of the Feeling Safe Community Forum came up with 6 priorities to make Leith a safer place.
The priorities, as selected by members of the Leith community are;
- Leith Links area – Address anti social behaviour caused by persons drinking alcohol.
- All Leith Primary schools – Run a safe parking initiative at drop off & pick up times.
- Kirkgate area – Address anti social behaviour caused by persons drinking alcohol.
- Leith Walk – Address anti social & intimidating behaviour by beggars.
- All Leith & Leith Walk area – Run a Halloween bonfire & firework initiative to address unsafe practices & anti social behaviour.
- Leith Walk – Run a road traffic initiative to address speeding motorists and cyclists on pavements.
Local Police & Council Officers will now act upon these six priorities over the next three months. An update to the Community Councils will be provided monthly as work progresses.
For further information please contact Michael Traill, Community Safety Officer 0131 529 7208 or Michael.Traill@Edinburgh.gov.uk