McDonald Road Library will host another community testing hub for people without Covid19 symptoms from Monday 9th to Saturday 21st August (exlucding Sundays) from 9am – 6pm.
Leith Central Community Council recieved the following email from The City of Edinburgh Council with the full list of Community Testing Hubs:
Regular testing for people with no COVID-19 symptoms is one of the ways we can all help keep people safe and stop the spread new variants in Edinburgh. Infection rates are high across Edinburgh, so we’re urging people to keep testing, even if they’ve been vaccinated.
- Gilmerton Library, from Monday 2 August to Saturday 14 August (closed 8 August)
- Fountainbridge Library from Monday 9 August to Saturday 21 (closed Sunday 15 August)
- McDonald Road Library from Monday 9 August to Saturday 21 August (closed Sunday 15 August)
- James Pringle Shopping Village, 70- 74 Bangor Road, EH6 5JU from Friday 16 July to Sunday 15 August,10am to 5pm
- Craigmillar Medical Centre (car park) 106 Niddrie Mains Road, EH16 4DT from Monday 2 August to Sunday 15 August, 9.30am to 5.30pm (5pm on Sunday)
- Blackhall Mosque, 1 House O’Hill Road, EH4 2AJ from Monday 9 August to Thursday 12 August and Saturday 14 August from 9.30am to 5.30pm, Sunday 15 August 9.30am to 5pm
- Wester Hailes Healthy Living Centre, 30 Harvesters Way, EH14 3JF from Monday 9 August to Sunday 15 August, 9.30am to 5.30pm (5pm on Sunday)
We’re open from 9am to 6pm unless stated above and there’s no need to book. You can also pick up home testing kits from our centres at libraries. Testing is free, fast and safe. It will only take around 15 minutes to take the test and 45 minutes for people to be sent their results.
If you can’t get to the library, you can order free rapid lateral flow test kits online or by phoning the National Testing Centre on 119.
Almost 1 in 3 people infected with Covid-19 don’t have any of the usual symptoms but are potentially passing on the virus unknowingly to family, friends and others in the community. By getting tested people can find out if they are positive and self-isolate at home to stop spreading the virus to others. People who have been vaccinated are also encouraged to take a test as they may still carry the virus.
You can find out more about community testing on our web pages at www.edinburgh.gov.uk/communitytesting