LCCC April 2020 minutes

Due to the limitations of online meetings, we are only recording those who were present at or sent apologies for such meetings.

This meeting was for members only, so any decision recorded below may not be binding. Similarly, the LCCC June meeting may not have been empowered to approve the minutes below. (These minutes were not published earlier because they were not considered at the May meeting due to an error in circulating the draft.)

Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held via Zoom on Monday 20 April 2020 at 7:00pm

Actions and decisions are red italic. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision.

1 Welcome, introductions, attendance, apologies

Name 2019 2020
May Jun Jul Aug Sep Oct Nov Dec Jan Feb Mar Apr
Clara Boeker Y * No meeting Y A NA – resigned
Jack Caldwell Y Y Y Y A Y Y Y Y Y Y
Jeremy Darot * * A NA – resigned
Alan Dudley Y Y Y A Y Y Y Y Y Y
Charlotte Encombe Y Y Y Y A Y Y Y Y Y Y
Pierre Forissier Y * A Y Y Y Y Y Y A
Nick Gardner Y Y A A Y Y Y A Y Y
Fee Gerlach NA NA NA NA Y A Y A Y Y
John Hein Y Y Y Y Y Y A Y Y
Sheila Kennedy Y Y Y Y A Y A Y A Y Y
Ian Mowat A Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
Lorraine Moore A * * NA – resigned
Damian Sefton * * * * NA – resigned
Julian Siann Y Y A NA – resigned
John Tibbitt NA NA NA NA Y Y Y Y Y Y A
Harald Tobermann Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y
John Wilkinson Y Y Y Y Y Y A Y A Y Y
Amy Woodgate NA NA NA NA A Y Y Y Y Y Y
Bruce Ryan Y Y Y Y Y Y Y Y A Y A
Cllr Amy McNeese-Mechan Y A A Y Y * A * A A
Cllr Rob Munn Y * A Y A A * Y A Y
Cllr Susan Rae Y Y A Y * * A * Y Y
Cllr Lewis Ritchie A Y A * * A * * A
Ben Macpherson MSP A A * Y * A * A Y Y
Alison Johnstone MSP A * * * * * A * A
Deidre Brock MP A A A Y * A A A A A

Y = present; y = sent representative, A = not present, sent apology; * = not present, did not send apology

Alan Macintosh Broughton Spurtle Sally Millar Leith Links CC
Michael Trail Leith Links CC Lisa Clarke representing Ben Macpherson MSP

2 Constitutional business during Covid-19

  • AGM postponed provisionally until the 3rd Monday in June and then reviewed.
  • It is agreed that as future LCCC meetings will be unconstitutional, they will not be advertised or open to the public and instead treated as informal business catchups but B Ryan’s services will remain, where appropriate. No decision was taken in regards to publication of any minutes from these informal meetings. The platform used will also be kept under review.
  • To note: J Hein has sent a document around on guidance to stay secure on videocalls:
  • ACTION: Communication group to draft a statement indicating that there will be no ordinary meetings until June 2020
  • ACTION: C. Encombe to write to Spurtle to advise them to pull the May advert

3 Treasurers’ report

  • I Mowat will contact Jonathan Finn to review the accounts. Jonathan Finn is New Town & Broughton CC’s treasurer.

4 Planning

  • Tobermann notes that PANs are going ahead despite democracy being suspended
  • Tobermann will follow up re the Croall Place advertising. S Kennedy raised this at the March meetingbut no further action taken due to context of ongoing issues.
  • Halmyre Place Brief: Cllr. Munn raises potential postponement to the Halmyre Street PLACE consultation and urges community councillors to email him with thoughts.
  • ACTION: H. Tobermann and Planning subgroup to submit feedback to Cllr. Munn.

5 Secretary’s Report

  1. Kennedy notes that three items of business have come through;
  2. TRO Cycle hanger in West Montgomery Place (more info at
  3. Dryden Gait update (more info at
  4. Update from Parks and Greenspaces (more info at
  • ACTION: J. Caldwell to publish Dryden Gait substation news on the website

6 Conservation area proposals

  • Conservation area: A. Woodgate has been working with Ian Hood and David Walliker to propose a response to conservation area proposals.