(adapted from an email sent by Alan Dean, Partnership Development Officer, sent on 2016_09_27 at 16:36)
We would like to inform you that the draft TRO and RSO for the next phase of the Leith Programme, Brunswick Street to Montgomery Street, have now been formally advertised. The Orders have been advertised in accordance with statutory requirements and details are viewable on the Council’s website or in person at the City Chambers on the High Street. Please click here to see the details of the proposals contained in both draft Orders.
TROs set out all restrictions on a road including where yellow lines, parking places, and bus lanes are to be located, while RSOs designate areas of the street as carriageway, footway or cycle path.
As part of the ongoing Leith Programme, there are continuing plans to re-design pavements and cycling facilities and manage a variety of waiting and loading/unloading requirements along Leith Walk. To deliver these plans, various changes are now proposed for Leith Walk between Brunswick Street and Montgomery Street under these Orders, including:
- A major upgrade to the signal-controlled junction at Annandale Street
- Provision of segregated cycling facilities in both directions on Leith Walk
- Alterations to parking and loading facilities on Leith Walk and Annandale Street
- Alterations to bus lane operating hours independent of the city wide peak period trial
- Introducing a prohibition on entry to Leith Walk from Montgomery Street
- Introducing a prohibition on right turns into Montgomery Street from Leith Walk, except for cyclists
- Storing communal domestic waste bins in dedicated bays
The period for submitting comments and/or objections will run for four weeks from Friday 23 September to Sunday 23 October 2016 and full details of how to do this can be also be viewed using the link provided above. For your information, the Order reference numbers are TRO/16/58 and RSO/16/13.
Alan Dean BA (Hons) MSc I Partnership Development Officer (Stakeholder Liaison and Engagement) I Place Directorate I City Centre Leith Neighbourhood Team I 249 High Street I Edinburgh I EH1 1PN
Tel: 0131 529 7519 Mobile: 07739 188 438