It brings several open datasets together in one place, including:
- significant planned developments in the Leith Central Community Council area (including links to the relevant documents on the CEC planning portal)
- the wider urban planning context (housing land audit completions and schedule, local development plan, protected areas, listed buildings, open spaces, vacant and derelict land)
- local infrastructure (GPs, dentists, care homes, sheltered housing, schools catchment areas)
- air pollution
- local area statistics (population density, Scottish Index of Multiple Deprivation, house prices)
- administrative boundaries (including Community Councils, with links to their website and Facebook/Twitter accounts)
- local news stories
The map has a companion website (My Leith, https://myleith.wordpress.com) with additional information on:
- how to engage in the local planning process (contact details of local Councillors/MPs/MSPs, guidance on responding to planning applications)
- how to become more active in the community (list of local non-profit organisations, sources of funding).
Feedback and suggestions are very welcome: contact details are provided on the My Leith website.