Carers Support Payment – Are you eligible?

Granton & District Community Council

Do you care for someone?  Have you heard of the Carer’s Support Payment?  The Carer’s Support Payment is a single payment of £250.  It is for unpaid carers to spend on themselves, for example to maintain health and wellbeing, or for a short break from caring.

You can apply if you are an unpaid carer, at least 16 years old and not at school, who is providing substantial and regular care for a partner, friend or relative.  The person you care for must be:

  • an adult aged 16 or over
  • eligible for adult Social Care Services
  • receiving Attendance Allowance or Disability Allowance middle rate care component or Personal Independence Payment daily living component
  • living in Edinburgh

 If you think you’re eligible – call Social Care Direct on 0131 200 2324.  You will be asked a few questions and a form will be sent out for you to fill in and return…

View original post 43 more words

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.