(with thanks to Leith Harbour and Newhaven, and Leith Links CC web weavers for their posts)
The following is (presumably) an email from Alan Dean of Edinburgh Council:
We can announce that the Tender assessment for the next phase of the Leith Programme (Pilrig Street to the Foot of the Walk) is complete and the winning Tenderer is Crummock (Scotland) Ltd. The contractors will now begin to mobilise for an anticipated works start date of 5th May 2014.
Our contractors have assured us that they will make every effort to keep disruption to a minimum, keep the worksites safe and maintain access to properties and businesses. Measures to endeavour to ensure this include:
- Providing safe segregated working sites and safe surrounds
- Providing appropriate signage and information
- Working outwith normal site hours of operation if issues are identified with maintaining access during the working day
- Minimise parking restrictions as much as possible
- Dust suppression during cutting procedures
- Daily inspection of site for cleanliness, security, trip hazards
At times, it will be necessary to close side roads during resurfacing and work on junctions but these will be kept to a minimum and diversion routes carefully signed.
In order to keep people in both the immediate and wider area informed of the work, letters are going out to 16,600 addresses in the broader Leith Programme area.
During the works, timescales, road diversion and access information will be regularly updated on the Council website www.edinburgh.gov.uk/leithimprovements
General questions regarding the work can be emailed to the City Centre and Leith Neighbourhood Team, email@example.com, or phoned in 0131 529 7061. Issues related to the works on site, such as access enquiries or concerns can be directed to myself, in the first instance, as I will be based in the area and available on mobile number 07739 188438 or email firstname.lastname@example.org