Here are the results of the £eith Decides exercise that concluded on Saturday (15th February). Of the 43 applications from charities and community projects, 25 will receive the amount they applied for and 1 will receive some of the money.
This is the list of the successful projects as selected by the 1035 people who voted (by post and in person). The projects are listed in order of votes cast.
- Leith St Andrews Playgroup – £1000
- CLASP – £1000
- Hermitage Park School Association – Outdoor Play – £1000
- Hermitage Park School Association – cooking – £1000
- Leith Festival Association Ltd – £336
- Dr Bells Family Centre – £1000
- North Edinburgh Dementia Care – £758
- Leith Primary After School Activities Club – £1000
- YMCA Edinburgh – £900
- Arts Afternoon – £1000
- Strange Town – £1000
- Victoria Primary PTA – £950
- The Ripple Project – £1000
- Stanwell Nursery School Parents Council – £550
- Citadel Arts Group – £1000
- Fabb Scotland – £1000
- Lifecare (Edinburgh) Ltd – £900
- Citadel Youth Centre – £740
- Leith Community Crops in Pots – £1000
- 1st Newhaven Scout Group – International Camp – £400
- 1st Newhave Scout Group – Camping Equipment – £1000
- Leith Sea Cadets – £930
- FENIKS – New Mums Get Together – £850
- SS Explorer Preservation Society – £1000
- Friends of Pilrig Park – £1,000
- Fort Youth and Community Association – £571 (partial funding)
More information can be found on the Leith Neighbourhood Partnership website. This shows a list of all of the projects and organisations applying and a link that gives more detail of how the money will be used.
Thanks for participating, if you did.
Once again this was a very successful exercise in democratic / participative budgeting. Unfortunately, it seems that the smaller charities / minorities’ projects tend to miss out just by the sheer force of the numbers of ‘supporters’ voting. To change this pattern, more people need to participate that are impartial – maybe you’d like to take part and vote next year?