18/01015/PAN: Demolition Of Existing Buildings And Erection Of A Mixed Use Development Including Affordable Housing (Flats), Post Graduate Student Accommodation, Hotel (Class 7), Restaurant (Class 3), Space For Potential Community (Class 10 & 11), Retail (Class 1), Public House Or Commercial Uses (Class 2 & 4). Includes Associated Infrastructure, Landscaping And Car Parking. At 156, 158b, 160 And 162 Leith Walk, Edinburgh, EH6 5DX
The recent pre-application consultation meeting with Drum, the developers of ‘Stead’s Place’ was the first time where a proposed development in the LCCC area has aroused so much public interest at this early stage. I would like to thank the members of the Taskforce that LCCC had convened for this purpose for their input and contributions to the consultation which has now – nearly – reached its end.
The next steps are:
- the developers will come back with their summary of the meeting with LCCC which will be considered at LCCC’s June meeting. Once agreed, this will be an important part of Drum’s planning application.
- Drum submits planning application – this could be as early as June
- after that there’s only a limited amount of time to formally respond (object); LCCC can ask for an extension, if it is during the summer break
- assuming that the application that comes forward is not sufficiently different from what we have seen and heard at the meeting on 21 May, it is important that as many people as possible object on planning grounds; LCCC may issue notes at the time to help people formulate objections
- the application is likely to go to the Council planning committee (rather than being decided by a planning officer under delegated powers); this will be another opportunity for objectors to make their voice heard in the form of a ‘delegation’; ward councillors who are not on the planning committee can also ask to speak when the application comes up
Leith Central Community Council