(adapted from an email sent by Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend at 17:08 on 2017_09_22)
Completion of the road surfacing works will be noticeable as we complete areas and move the major worksites southwards towards McDonald Road and Brunswick Street. With that being the case, we will now be closing both McDonald Road and Brunswick Street junctions on Wednesday morning, 27th September with local diversions put in place. This will coincide with the opening up of both Iona Street and Albert Street. McDonald Road and Brunswick Street will remain closed until completion of all works by the end of October, as will Brunswick Road where the site compound is located. Continue reading
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend, sent at 11:31 on 2017_09_17)
Proposed works and worksite locations for w/c 18th September
- Kerb realignment has been completed at the Iona Street junction, and the footpath slabbing works will progress this week
- Completion of the footpath slabbing to the S/E corner of the Brunswick Street junction will continue this week
- Continuing the Scottish Water works at Croall Place, followed by the footpath reinstatement works
- Albert Street will close today for 2 weeks to accommodate the Leith Walk road re-surfacing works with associated traffic management and local diversions in place to accommodate these works
- Road surfacing works are continuing north to south on Leith Walk, are progressing well, and will be focussed on the East side going past Albert Street this week
(adapted from an email sent by Michael Motion of Turner & Townsend at 14:51 on 8 September. )
Our contractor, Crummock, returned to site as of Monday 4th September to remobilise for the completion of the Phase 4 scope of works. At that time, Brunswick Road was closed to accommodate the site compound, and will remain so until the works are completed. Iona Street was also closed to allow commencement of works to realign the kerb line, commence the road surfacing works including the raised table construction and to complete the pavement slabbing. It is likely this will take up to 3 weeks to complete, during which time Iona Street will remain closed.
In addition to the above, we are also working in the following areas:
- Brunswick Street junction to complete the remain footpath slabbing to the S/E corner
- Croall Place to complete the remaining Scottish Water rectification works, and to resolve surface water drainage issues
- 2 nr road crossings on Leith Walk, north and south of Albert Street.
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager at Turner & Townsend, sent at 16:51 on 21 August 2017)
As of Monday 4th September, following the Edinburgh festival embargo, our Contractor, Crummock, will be returning to Leith Walk to complete Phase 4 of the Leith Programme. We anticipate completing these works by Friday 3rd November (being an 8 week construction programme). Continue reading
(adapted from an email sent by Michael Motion of Turner & Townsend at 18:00 on 8 August. We apologise for the late posting of this news: our web-weaver was on holiday.)
Leith Programme Phase 4 is currently observing the Edinburgh Festival embargo on road works within the city and, as such, has now demobilised fully from Leith Walk and Iona Street. The Contractor will return to site to re-mobilise and commence the remaining works as of Monday 28thAugust. Continue reading
(adapted from an email sent by Steven Jackson, Associate Director, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend, at 14:57 on 2017_07_21)
With regards to the works and worksite locations for next week, these have been specified and set as the following:
- Paving from Croall Place N/W corner to Shrub Place Lane set to continue and be completed by mid-next week.
- Paving towards corner of Brunswick Street set to be completed on this coming Saturday (22nd July).
- Taring of footway with corduroy paving slabs on Albert Place to begin next week and be completed by Friday 28th July.
- Taring and slabbing of tactile paving set to begin next Tuesday on corner that meets Elm Row with Brunswick Street. To be finished by Friday 28th July.
- Slabbing at bus stop shelter on Crighton Place to begin next week and be finished by Friday 28th July. Small section of slabbing on opposite side of the road also to be complete with regards to the same timeframe.
- Traffic Management plan to be put in place next week allowing for completion of road markings at McDonald Road junction. Road markings to be finished Friday 28th July.
- Road crossing islands (All three at McDonald Road junction and Albert Street junction) to be completed by Monday 24th July.
- Taring and completion of curbing at Iona St as well as junction road markings to be done and completed on Friday 28th July.
Again, we remain on target to have completed our works, allowing the McDonald Road/Brunswick Road to re-open for the Edinburgh Festival embargo, and for all worksite boundary fencing to be removed off site, by the end of July. For the safety of re-opening the junction, we are planning to do this as of Monday 31st July, as opposed to the previous Friday, 28th July.
Further to this, the demobilisation of the Iona Street compound will commence as of Monday 31st July, with the compound off site entirely by Friday 4th August. At this time, the prohibition on entry to Iona Street from Leith Walk will be in place.
Should you have queries, or require any further information, in regards to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me direct or by using firstname.lastname@example.org.
Steven Jackson, Associate Director, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend
Osborne House, 1 Osborne Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HG
t: +44 (0) 131 347 3400 | m: +44 (0) 7764 443028 | www.turnerandtownsend.com
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Turner & Townsend)
With regards to works carried out this week, the contractor has not quite completed the paving works to the library corner, meaning the resource did not commence paving to the N/W corner at Croall Place. As such, we will be on site on Saturday to make-up some of the time lost this week due to the poor weather and to maintain our current programme of works.
In terms of works and worksite locations for next week, please see below:
- Any final completion/grouting of paving at the library corner
- Commence paving to the N/W corner on Croall Place West
- Continue paving to Brunswick Street
- Continue paving to Leith Walk East side
- Complete crossing excavations and traffic signal duct installation at Brunswick Road
- Return to complete duct crossings at the Albert Place pedestrian crossing (unfortunately the crossing will therefore be out of commission for a period of time next week) and just north of Shrub Place Lane