Please note that these are draft minutes, and may not be take as authoritative unless approved at LCCC’s next meeting. Continue reading
Minutes of the ordinary meeting of Leith Central Community Council, held in Nelson Hall, McDonald Road library on Monday 27 November 2017 at 7:00pm
Actions and decisions are red underlined. nem con means that no-one spoke or voted against a decision. URLs added by minutes secretary. Continue reading
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion of Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 11:54 on 2017_11_23)
In our last communication (27th October) we explained that the Contractor would be commencing the making good of defective works within remote worksites on Leith Walk. This work is progressing well and we have taken the opportunity to also make good some defects in the work carried out during Phase 2 of the Leith Programme between the Foot of the Walk and Dalmeny Street.
Our current programme is as follows:
- Replace bus shelter and install bus tracker at Albert Street – Complete
- Phase 2 remedial works as above – Due to complete by 24th November
- Make good surfacing to the southbound bus stop bypass at Shrubhill – Due to complete by 1st December
- Resolve ponding issue to Brunswick Street cycleway – Due to complete by 1st December
- Remove temporary footway ramps at Iona Street and Albert Street – Due to complete by 1st December
- General making good works to kerbs and road/footway chambers – Due to complete by 1st December
Thank you for bearing with us as we complete these works.
Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the Leith Programme Email address: email@example.com
Leith Programme Project Team
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, of Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 14:55 on 2017_10_27. Mr Motion has confirmed that updates were not sent on 2017_10_13 and 2017_10_20.)
To confirm that the segregated cycleway, including the bus stop bypasses, and the 2-stage right turn for cyclists at the McDonald Road/Brunswick Road junction were opened for use on Wednesday 25th October.
As of next week, w/c 30th October, the contractor will be visible on site as they make good any defective works, within remote worksites. Any impact on pedestrians and cyclists will be kept to an absolute minimum.
There will also be works carried out next week to replace the bus shelter at Albert Street and install the bus tracker at this location. Unfortunately, we were unable to coordinate the sub-contractor to complete these works earlier, and so there will be an impact on the cycleway at this location which, again, we will try to keep to a minimum and ensure that the route is maintained.
Finally, there has been a small site compound set up within the parking bays at Albert Street to accommodate the contractor while it completes remaining works, which we anticipate will be for around 3-4 weeks. Continue reading
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Leith Programme Project Team, sent on 2017_10_06 at 14:30)
This email contains information on
- Proposed works w/c 9th October 2017
- Road closures
- Proposed works / worksite locations
- Two-stage right turn for cyclists – junction of Leith Walk and McDonald Road/Brunswick Road
- New segregated cycle lanes on Leith Walk
- Picardy Place design update
(adapted from an email from Michael Motion, Senior Project Manager, Infrastructure, Leith Programme Project Team, sent at 11:01 on 2017_10_02)
Proposed works w/c 2nd October 2017
- Albert Street (planned re-opening date Tuesday 10th October)
- Brunswick Road (will remain closed until completion of the project at the end of October)
- McDonald Road (will remain closed until completion of the project at the end of October)
- Brunswick Street (planned re-opening date Wednesday 18th October 2017)