(adapted from an email sent by Steven Jackson of Turner & Townsend at 11:25 on 28 July. We apologise for the late posting of this news: our web-weaver was on holiday.)
Following work completed to date we are targeting completing all pre embargo works and removing traffic management on Monday 31st July.
With regards to the outstanding works and worksite locations for the weekend and next week, these have been specified and set as the following:
- Paving completion at Croall Place.
- Outstanding areas of grouting to be completed on Saturday 29th July, including:
- Croall Place N/W corner to Shrub Place Lane
- Bus stop shelter at Crighton Place
- Small section near curb line on Brunswick Street
- Tactile paving at beginning of Elm Row
- Any additional small patches that have been left due to technicalities (services, posts, etc)
- Site clean to be carried out on Saturday 29th July with road brush and footway brush
- Traffic Signal commissioning at McDonald Road to take place 31st July
- Demobilisation of the Iona Street compound will commence as of Monday 31st July, with the compound off site entirely by Friday 4th August. At this time, the prohibition on entry to Iona Street from Leith Walk will be in place.
Following completion of these works we will be working with the contractor to plan the remainder of the works post the festival embargo and will be in touch to provide an update on our action plan post August to allow completion of the works.
Should you have queries, or require any further information in regards to the above, please do not hesitate to contact me direct or by using firstname.lastname@example.org.
Associate Director, Infrastructure
Turner & Townsend
Osborne House, 1 Osborne Terrace, Edinburgh, EH12 5HG
t: +44 (0) 131 347 3400 | m: +44 (0) 7764 443028 | www.turnerandtownsend.com