(adapted from an email from Alan Dean, Partnership Development Officer, sent on 20 October 2015 at 10:12)
Leith Programme Phase 4 – Pilrig Street to McDonald Road – Advertising of Draft Traffic Regulation Order (TRO) and Redetermination Order (RSO)
We would like to inform you that the draft TRO and RSO for the next phase of the Leith Programme, Pilrig Street to McDonald Road, have now been formally advertised. The Orders have been advertised in accordance with statutory requirements and details are viewable on the Council’s website or in person at The City Chambers on the High Street. Please click here to see the details of the proposals contained in both.
As mentioned in the previous update, TROs set out all restrictions on a road including where yellow lines, parking places, and bus lanes are to be located, while RSOs designate areas of the street as carriageway, footway or cycle path.
As part of the ongoing Leith Programme, various changes will be proposed for this next section of the works including:
- Changes to waiting, loading and stopping restrictions
- Changes to bus lanes and bus stops
- Changes to disabled bays
- Introducing segregated cycling facilities in both directions on Leith Walk
- Storing communal domestic waste bins in dedicated spaces in lay-bys
- Introducing a no entry restriction to Iona Street from Leith Walk (except for cyclists)
- Introducing a number of 60 minute maximum stay parking bays and loading bays in Albert Street
The period for submitting comments and/or objections will run for four weeks from Tuesday 20 October to Tuesday 17 November and full details of how to do this can be also be viewed using the link provided above. For your information, the Order reference numbers are TRO/15/29 and RSO/15/23.
Alan Dean BA (Hons) MSc PGDip I Partnership Development Officer (Stakeholder Liaison and Engagement) I Services for Communities I City Centre Leith Neighbourhood Team I 249 High Street I Edinburgh I EH1 1PN
Tel: 0131 529 7519 Mobile: 07739 188 438 firstname.lastname@example.org